Making a complaint


If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service or your treatment and you have not been able to get this resolved to your satisfaction by speaking to a member of staff please put your complaint in writing and hand it to one of our receptionists. Alternatively you can send it to us by post:-

The Complaints Officer
Davidson’s Mains Dental
65 Main Street
Davidson’s Mains
Edinburgh EH4 5AD

Please note you can complain on behalf of another adult with their consent, or if you are the parent or guardian of a child.

Complaints will normally be acknowledged in writing within 3 working days and an explanation will normally be provided in writing within 10 working days or a reason for the delay will be given if more time is required.
If you have been treated under NHS Regulations and you wish the help of “An Honest Broker” in the above process you can contact:

NHS Lothian Customer Relations & Feedback Team
2-4 Waterloo Place

Telephone: 0131 536 3370

If, after following this procedure of Local Resolution, you are still unhappy with the outcome you can contact:
The Scottish Public Service Ombudsman

Telephone: 0800 377 7330

If you have been treated under a Private Contract and you are unhappy with the outcome of Local resolution you can contact either:
The Scottish Public Service Ombudsman

Telephone: 0800 377 7330

The General Dental Council
Dental Complaints Service 

Telephone: 0845 612 0540

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!